College of Southern Nevada Liberal Professor Faces Felony Charges After Shooting Himself


There will eventually come a point when the madness of liberals will no longer shock the rest of us. Unfortunately, that point in time is not right now. A long time College of Southern Nevada sociology professor finds himself facing felony gun charges after being responsible for an on campus shooting during the second day of class where he shot himself in his own arm. 69 year old Mark Bird is facing felony charges for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, discharging his gun within a prohibited structure, and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property. It was 8:15 a.m. on the second day of class when he was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound on August 28, right outside of a bathroom in building K of the Charleston campus. I have to be honest, and admit that as a writer bringing you, my readers, this story I am really having a hard time not laughing at this person. While school shootings are nothing to laugh about and should always be taken seriously, it takes a special kind of stupid to shoot yourself in order to protest someone you consider an enemy. If he had only aimed his gun a little higher and placed it underneath his chin or against his temple it would be one less liberal in the world to worry about.

The only thing that professor dumb***, I mean professor Mark Bird did that shows any signs that he put any thought into his actions the morning of August 28 was taping a generous $100 dollar bill to the bathroom mirror for the janitor. Inside the bathroom the professor’s firearm a black and white .22 caliber pistol and shell casing was found on the bathroom floor. It had originally been reported that people who were in the vicinity of the bathroom had heard what sounded like a loud noise coming from one of the bathrooms, but at the time that the noise was heard no one had any indication that the intellectually challenged professor Mark Bird was armed. According to police reports it was not even known at first that he had shot himself.

Local Las Vegas paper The Review Journal reported, ” one college employee told police that he held Bird’s hand to calm him down as others tried to stop the bleeding. While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate.”

It took roughly 45 minutes to sort through the whole mess that Mark Bird had caused the morning of August 28. Around 9:00 a.m. the second morning of class a text message was sent out to students and faculty of the campus letting everybody know that the threat had been neutralized, the firearm, and the scene had been secured. It was during the wait for authorities and first responders to arrive at the scene that Mark Bird told a gathering of people he shot himself to protest President Donald Trump.

There was some concern after the incident about the way that the whole situation had been dealt with. Robert Manis, president of the college’s faculty union-the Nevada Faculty Alliance said, “they never really told the students much about it except that it was resolved on the actual day of the shooting. When you don’t give the full details, then rumors go crazy. It’s unfortunate because it made the students and faculty very afraid and allowed rumors to proliferate.”

At the time when he shot himself Mark Bird had been a member of the staff at the college for a little over 15 years. In a move that should be seen as alarming the campus still has him listed as an employee and it remains unknown whether or not there will be any form of discipline taken against him despite the fact that his actions could have placed several others in danger as well. Mark Bird is scheduled to appear in court on September 17 in Las Vegas justice court for his preliminary hearing.